1. What is a Virtual Terminal?
A virtual terminal is a secure browser-based service that allows merchants to process credit card and eCheck payments by phone.
2. Does Autoscribe offer a virtual terminal?
Yes. PayAgent 2 is one of the most popular virtual terminals available on the web. PayAgent 2 is one of several merchant services available at paymentvision.com. Using PayAgent 2 a customer service representative can readily accept payment instructions for one-time or recurring payments and securely route those transactions to the ACH or card processing network.
3. What can a Virtual Terminal do for my business?
PayAgent 2 instantly provides an alternative payment method if your business cannot wait for a check to arrive in the mail.
4. What sort of technology infrastructure is required to use the service?
Just a browser. Because PayAgent 2 is a web-based service it can be deployed rapidly with no IT overhead or infrastructure requirements. All you need is a Internet browser to access PayAgent 2 from anywhere in the world.
5. What sort of companies use PayAgent 2?
PayAgent 2 is used by large and small businesses alike, from small church parishes that take occasional donations from their parishioners to massive BPO corporations with call centers located from Dubai to Manila.
6. How long would it take to set my business up with PayAgent 2?
PayAgent 2 can be configured to accommodate your business’s existing or anticipated work flow. Users can be quickly created and added to work groups that have been assigned credentials that reflect an employee’s role within the organization. Within just a few days your staff can be equipped and trained to navigate the simple and intuitive payment entry screen.
7. Can my CSRs take payments over the phone from consumers that provide their checking account information?
Yes. PayAgent 2 allows an agent to capture payment instructions over the phone from a customer’s checking or saving account, and then process the payment through the ACH for clearing and settlement.
8. Can PayAgent 2 also accept credit card payments?
Yes. With PayAgent 2 you can securely process credit and debit card payments.
9. Is PayAgent 2 a PCI compliant service?
Yes. Autoscribe, the provider of PayAgent 2, is a Level 1 PCI compliant provider.
10. What card types will PayAgent 2 accept?
PayAgent 2 will accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
11. My business only accepts certain credit card brands. Can PayAgent 2 limit the brands that are accepted for payment?
PayAgent 2 can restrict the payment brands that you choose to accept from your customers. If you collect payments for multiple payors or business units, these credit card brand restrictions may be flexibly controlled for each payee.
12. Does my business have to handle or store the payment data collected by the CSR?
No. PayAgent 2 is hosted and made available by Autoscribe. Autoscribe is a Level I PCI compliant service provider. The merchant services available at PaymentVision, including PayAgent 2, exceed the most demanding data security requirements.
13. How fast can my business receive the funds that are collected via PayAgent 2?
Funds originated from payment instructions collected from checking and savings accounts may be deposited into your ACH settlement account as quickly as next day if cutoff times are met and direct settlement is utilized. Funds from credit card transactions are deposited as quickly as your established merchant agreement specifies, typically the second business day following the date of payment authorization.
14. What types of user access security is supported by PayAgent 2?
Usage security is very important for all of Autoscribe’s hosted payment services. For every user, three levels of authentication are utilized, including: user id/ password combinations, file tokens and controlled IP address range verification.
15. Can PayAgent 2 keep track of all the actions that my CSRs perform?
Yes. PayAgent 2 tracks, stores and reports user activity for every auditable function performed.
16. Can I limit the functions that my CSRs can perform using PayAgent 2?
Yes. PayAgent 2 deploys usage permissions for every function within the Virtual Terminal application. These permissions may be configured for individual users or by groups of similar usage characteristics with pre-established user roles available.
17. My business is geographically distributed. Can I monitor activity at multiple locations with PayAgent 2.
Yes. The Internet is a beautiful thing. PayAgent 2 may be configured to support an unlimited number of locations for collection, management, storage and reporting of payment information.
18. Can PayAgent 2 collect and separate payments for multiple business units or vendors?
Yes. PayAgent 2 is designed to uniquely support an unlimited number of business units or product lines.
19. Can PayAgent 2 accept future dated payments?
Yes. PayAgent 2 supports future dated transactions for ACH as well as credit card accounts.
20. Can PayAgent 2 establish recurring payment instructions?
Yes. PayAgent 2 supports recurring transactions for checking/savings funding sources as well as credit card accounts. Payment schedules may be set up for a variety of timeframes, including weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, quarterly and annually. Recurring transactions may also be controlled by other factors including number of payments, payment in-full of outstanding balance, or date.
21. I have multiple settlement accounts to which the collected funds should be deposited. Is there a way that PayAgent 2 can track these separately?
Yes. PayAgent 2 can apply payments to an unlimited number of settlement accounts and report aggregate daily totals to meet your business reconciliation needs.
22. I need to automatically post a credit to my customer’s accounts, can PayAgent 2 help with this process?
Yes. PayAgent 2 produces a daily posting file in a variety of formats that may be securely delivered to your accounts payable and receivable systems.
23. How can I manage returns that are associated with check payments via PayAgent 2?
With PayAgent 2 you can automatically match ACH return transactions to the original payment transaction. Additionally, PayAgent 2 may be configured to automatically re-present eligible return transactions based on a number of re-presentment algorithms from which you may choose.
24. Can re-presentment of return items be managed within the PayAgent 2 service?
PayAgent 2 may be configured to automatically re-present eligible items immediately, or according to a business rule. PayAgent 2 can also be set to enforce manual review and re-presentment of return items if it is your preference to assign a manger to review the re-presentment process.
25. What options are available in terms of timing the re-presentment?
You may select from several options for scheduled re-presentment including: next day, next week, mid or end of month, only on Fridays and by specific number of days after the return is matched to the original transaction.
26. I would like to apply a convenience fee with certain payments collected, can PayAgent 2 manage these?
PayAgent 2 provides the ability for your business to handle convenience fees in a variety of ways. A standard convenience fee may be applied to every transaction by default, or may be modified individually by the agent during payment collection.
27. Can I limit the payment amounts collected by my CSRs?
PayAgent 2 may be configured to allow for both minimum and maximum payment amounts that may be collected. These values may be controlled on an individual or group level of users.
28. What kinds of edits can be applied to the ACH batches?
Transactions that will be settled and cleared to the ACH have a variety of edits that may be utilized prior to batch submission. Some of these edits include: ABA account validation, account verification, OFAC check, date expiration warnings, maximum transaction amount, maximum number of transactions by class code, total batch debit or credit amounts, minimum transaction amount, class codes allowed, duplicate transaction detection and maximum debit or credit transactions allowed.
29. Are there ad hoc reporting capabilities in the Virtual Terminal service?
PayAgent 2 provides an extensive array of filtering capabilities within the ad hoc reporting module. You can generate reports on the fly that show payments remitted at specific windows (i.e., Web, IVR, Phoenix call center, Buffalo call center, etc.).
30. What output formats are available for report generation?
PayAgent 2 service allows your business to generate formatted reports to a variety of formats, including: PDF, CSV and XLS.
31. What does my business need to do to get started with the Virtual Terminal service?
Phone the number on your screen and get going today!